Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flowers Power - Hair bows part 1


Hair flowers have become popular again for about a year but over the past few months, they have gotten really big. Last Christmas I made my girls about several cousins 20 hair flowers each and we hang them on a ribbon for easy access and viewing.


My sister made some to sell. She did a fun thing. She put Velcro on the center, the middle flower and base so that you can interchange them. Instead of one bow, you can have unlimited matches and color themes.


Just take a silk flower or a ribbon, take off the stem and center and put a self sticking Velcro circle on the backside of whatever item you want for your center. Buttons, gems, ribbons or smaller flowers all work. Put the opposite sticky Velcro on the top of the center flower you choose. Then, if you want to change out the centers, they will all have the same side of the Velcro strips on them.

I made some fun one's for spirit day out of gift bows. I will blog tomorrow about how to attach the clips and ribbon to avoid tangles. My girls wear these all the time and they can dress up anything from a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to a church dress. They even make a boring pony tail dressy.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Maybe if I ever get a girl, I can make some of these for her!

    ReplyDelete