Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Still Dealing With My Mothers Estate

I have been working on organizing my garage since my yard sale last month. I have put up four shelving units that my girls gave me for Christmas in the past month. 

I was hoping to get the garage walls finished but haven't been able to move forward with that since last winter due to the crazy summer we had. I decided to just go ahead and put up the shelves where I can to get stuff off the floor and make it organized enough I can find things quickly. 

While organizing, I found a black garbage sack and in it was some of my mothers estate items. I have had them in the house for a few days as I have been working on so many different things as well as regular chores and helping my neighbor etc. 

I pulled out some items that I want to make into magnets for my nephew and nieces and the rest of the bag were old puppets. I had another bag of puppets that we had when growing up and didn't realize this bag was in the garage. I spent the night washing the old puppets and fixing and untangling the stringed puppets. 

Some of these puppets are super old. I remember some from my early childhood and that was about 1970. Some of the string puppets I have never seen. I do remember seeing the Howdy Doody puppet as a child but it is showing its age. 

I think that my grandchildren will have fun playing with the puppets and frankly, I can't believe they have lasted in my garage for four years. It feels SO good to be getting to all the stuff in the garage. I have boxes of wedding decor, eBay items, local yard sale sites, and my grandma boxes I take to keep my grandchildren busy when I visit them. 

I am so grateful for being able to clean out so much from the garage. I must have 40 or more empty banana boxes since the yard sale. I am trying to put everything in totes and move away from the banana boxes. It is nice to be able to get things done after so many years! I am not going to be able to get the shelves in the spot I want them until I get the walls finished so I just decided to put them where I could until I have time to finish the walls. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment