Friday, October 15, 2021

Let The Holiday Cooking Begin - Days of Prep

I am not having all the girls for Thanksgiving this year, but I am having all the girls for Christmas. 

They rotate Thanksgiving as well. I only get all the girls every three years as one year they are at the in-laws, and the other year they stay home. I am very excited that they will all be here for Christmas and since the girls are going to be with the in-laws for Thanksgiving, I don't think I am going to do a full turkey over the thanksgiving holiday this year. 

Most of the girls will be here for a few days before Thanksgiving, so I decided that I would like to have all the meals made ahead of time and in the freezer so that I can just enjoy time with the family and not have to worry about baking and cleaning. 

I usually make muffins ahead of time for snacks and breakfasts, but as far as meals, I don't usually make meals ahead as they all like traditional holiday foods. Since they will be with the other side of the family, I can make what I would like! 

I have spiral ham in the freezer and made "funeral potatoes" to put in the oven for one meal. I made lasagna for another. Tonight I made Chicken Enchiladas, and tomorrow I will make the muffins. My freezers are full with just enough space for the muffins. I am excited that it will be done and I can work on getting the house ready for the next few weeks. 

I hope that we can enjoy spending time together without having to cook and clean. I am going to use paper so that there is no cleanup for each meal. 

It feels good to be ahead on the holiday. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment