Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Finishing The Monkey Bars Just Before The Rain

In June, I worked in my yard to put up a monkey bar that my neighbor wanted out of her yard. 

I was hoping to get it done quickly but then July and August happened with the wedding and reunion. 

Last month, I struggled with chronic UTI and infected ears, sinus migraines throwing up a record four times in a few months. 

I can't tell if it is just a bad year and the daith piercings are helping, or if the piercings aren't working at all due to the constant irritation and infection due to the allergy to the earrings. 

With all the loss and health issues the past few months, I haven't been able to get back out to the yard to work on finishing the play area where I put in the monkey bars. The bark has just been sitting out in the weather. 

I am going to have the grand-kids here over the holidays and they always end up in the backyard, so I wanted to make sure I had the play area finished so they could enjoy it. 

Since we have already had snow this year, I wanted to get the area done before the ground freezes. I had to get about 8 loads of dirt to even the area out and then put down cardboard boxes and ground barrier before putting down the bark. 

I worked for hours out there and was able to get at least the swing / monkey bars area done. I got some house barrier for free so I put it down over the rest of the area where I want to put a seesaw. I was going to make one but I think I will just put it out there to see if I can find one. 

I like the way the yard is looking in the back. I haven't pruned any trees this year and have been watching the weather and haven't been able to plant the roses or prune as it has been freezing at night. I was hoping we would have a warm spell as I am usually finish with pruning and working on washing the windows over Halloween weekend. It is obviously not going to happen this week. 

I was able to pull out the swamp cooler today as well and haven't turned off the sprinklers yet as I want the roses and shrubs to get some water after I plant them if it would stop raining, snowing, and freezing. 

I felt so blessed that it was supposed to rain most of the afternoon and the rain held off until I was finished and putting everything in the garage. I was going to the store afterwards and it poured and I was so grateful for being able to finish. 

I went looking for more bark to put over the rest of the area and Home Depot doesn't clearance it or put it on sale until spring so I will try around town and see if I can find a good price. If I can't, I'll just wait until spring. At least it is ready for the black barrier and bark now.

Lets hope it warms up again so I can get some pruning done. I also have three trees I am going to cut down that I was hoping to get done this fall as well. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment