Thursday, October 14, 2021

Cleaning up Branches Until Midnight

It was nice that the weather warmed up enough that most of the snow melted off today. I called my elderly neighbor asking if she had any branches come down in her yard, and she told me that her yard did well. God is so good. I told her I would trim her dead branches on her apple tree and some service missionaries stopped by my house last week and in the end, we went up and worked on her yard and the husband went back after we did much of her yard and took a chainsaw to the tree so I wouldn't have to worry about it. 
I believe that because he did it, the ice storm didn't bring them down and I am glad that I didn't have to go over and work in her yard as I had enough to keep me busy today. 

I was envious of my neighbor who had a trailer and just put all his fallen branches on it and I am not sure where he took them, but he was back in about 15 minutes with it empty. Someone told me there is a place that allows you to drop off branches and they chip them and use them in landscaping. I don't have a truck or a trailer so I would have to get help to do that. 

It is easier for me to break them down and put them in cans as I can do that without help. I worked on it for a few hours and had to run some errands and then when I came back to work on the back yard, and my reciprocating saw started having issues. It lost screws in the front plate and started jangling. 

I went to Home Depot and ended up buying a new one and coming home and spent the rest of the night until midnight filling six garbage cans. I didn't have any more cans and I didn't want to use the saw on a ladder at night so I didn't quite finish taking down the branches and I still have a garbage can or two on the lawn. It was still super wet and cold and my gloves were near dripping by the time I finished for the night. 

I hope tomorrow that I can finish up the yard and that the leaves dry out as they are so wet. I need to start pruning the rest of the trees, but it isn't good to prune when it is so cold so I hope it gets warm again. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment