Thursday, October 7, 2021

Hidden Nicolas Cage - A Family Tradition

My Daughter gave me a funny gift this past week while I was doing a yard sale. I got a package and wasn't expecting anything. I opened the box from Amazon and when I opened it, it was a black mug. 
 
 Nothing on the box gave it away as it was a pink box. She and her husband wrote me a note saying, "You are so HOT! And a Treasure to all you meet! Get yourself a HOT cup of Tea, and take a break! Or, at least put some hot water in the cup. We love you!" 
 

I put some hot water from the sink in it and could see what was under the black color! I made a video chat with her and heated up some water in the microwave and laughed so hard at what came up!

In 2017, this same daughter went on a road trip to Mt. Rushmore. She thought it would be funny to incorporate Nicolas Cage into the trip. She and her friend printed off about 200 pictures of Nicolas Cage's head and they plastered them all over the car, hid them in the other friends suitcases, phones, wallets, backpacks etc. 

They took some photos at Mt. Rushmore with the pictures. You can see those on my blog post about this just type in Nicolas Cage into the search box. Because she had so many of them that her friends put back into her luggage and hid in her backpack, computer etc, she had a ton when she came home for the holidays. 

She hid them in her sisters beds, luggage, overnight bags, compacts, stuck them on the photos around the house and more! It became a family joke. Last visit, I found one somewhere and put it in the car under the mirror on the visor and weeks later she sent a photo of it to me! 

This "game" has become a family tradition sending these heads photo cut outs of Nicolas Cage everywhere each holiday when we get together, they just keep trading places! So, with that history, you can now see why this mug was such a hit! 

It is a hidden face of Nicolas Cage! And, it came just when I could use a lift during my yard sale! I sent photos of it to my girls and did a short video chat after opening it to Princess Three and her husband and a few other girls got on and off the call as they could. I heated up the water in the microwave while on the phone video chat with them so they could see how it looked! 

Everyone got a good chuckle out of it and I know it will be a hit over the holidays when they come home for a visit! I feel blessed to have them think of me knowing it would be a hard few days doing a yard sale by myself, but also, just knowing it would give me a good laugh, it was really sweet of them!

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment