Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Flowers From Heaven - Rainbows and All

Sorry this post is late, I have had a horrible time with Blogger and my internet today. 

I have been looking for some roses for a long time to fill in the spots in my yard where over the years flowers have died. I figured I could post online and maybe dig up someones who is wanting them gone or I figured I would wait and get them on clearance. 

I also have a bush and a small tree that have slowly been dying over the past few years. I checked prices on them and they were so expensive to purchase that I waited. 

The day after the ice storm in town, I went to a local hardware store for a shelving unit, and I thought I would go out into the garden area to see if they had any plants left. There was a worker uncovering some roses and putting them in a large container. I asked what he was doing and he said he was taking the roses to the dumpster as they had been written off by the company. 

I asked if I could buy them at a discount, so the worker called the manager. He said I could purchase the roses at $5 each. The rest of the plants were half off so I picked out a few sets of plants to landscape my front beds and went to check out. 

When checking out, the plants weren't ringing in at $5, so the worker scanned them and they went in as half off. He first took off $5 and when he finished the total of them all, it was 111! I just knew at that point it was a blessing. When trying to figure the discount out, he just rounded up and took $65 total. He was really great and I got a trolley full of plants for around $50. 

They filled up the entire back of my car and when I got home, I put them into my garage. I gave a laugh when I put down the last plant and one of the flowers on the bush fell off and I picked it up and noticed the name of the bush. The name of two of the bushes I purchased are "Rainbow Sensation!" I just hurried and picked two sets of matching plants that I liked as there were tarps over the plants. 

I felt like my mother was smiling down on me as she LOVED gardens and flowers. I am not the type to remember many plant names and I haven't landscaped much as it was landscaped when I purchased the house. 

I really should have looked up plants and designed what I want where, but I feel like my mother was helping me to be able to get plants I can afford and still that are beautiful without all the work. I hope it warms up a bit more so I can plant them as it has been cold. 

I take them out during the day and put them in the garage at night. I haven't pruned yet but really hope it warms up enough that I can get that done as well. I feel blessed to get plants for cheap. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment