Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Three Bag Sort - Knives - Jewelry - Belt Buckles For The Win


Once again it has been awhile since they have had much jewelry at our local second hand store. I went the other day with Princess Two and they were bringing out a new cart which had some jewelry on it.

I am not excited about the new jewelry person as the bags are super empty with maybe ten items or less and they are usually $20 or more and there is not much silver or gold, if any in them. 


I didn't have time to go through them until today. In the first $7 bag, I was really surprised to see  this beautiful piece of art belt buckle. It is really unique. Over the years, I have seen many buckles, but none as intricate as this one. I had not heard of the company either. I looked them up online, and many of their buckles are silver and they have been around for years. They were the first company to innovate machinery streamlining the process and yet keeping the art and individuality of the pieces. 

I couldn't find any exact buckle in any of their archives or catalogs. The belt buckle isn't magnetic, so I think it may be silver but I couldn't find any markings on it. The company buckles online are anywhere from $60 to $200. 

The reason I bought the bag in the first place, was two Asian Japanese looking vintage belt buckles. I found several online from $50 to $200. One looks silver and the other brass. 

There was also a Harley Davidson Buckle in great condition and they are going for about $40 used online. 

There was a silver bracelet from Italy by a designer in the $5 bag. 

The bag of knives was $7 and I got a sharpener for camping in a leather case which is about that price so the other items were bonus. The reason I bought the bag was the Japanese knife. I was hoping it was a bit older than it is, but I do think it probably was donated by the same person donating the two belt buckles, so I am guessing it is an item sold in the 1950's to tourists. 

Not a bad haul for less that $20. I hope you all had a blessed Memorial Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment