Monday, May 27, 2019

Memory-al Weekend With Princess Two



Princess Two called me at the beginning of the week saying she was thinking of coming home for the weekend. She was asked to teach a lesson at her church and told me that she probably wouldn't be coming at the end of the call.

Later, she let me know she had decided to come home and help me get through some stuff. I was very excited as I LOVE it when the girls come home for a one-on-one visit. I tried not to get excited in case things didn't work out how I wanted it to, but was letting my excitement get the best of me when she texted saying she was on her way! 

I went and picked up some groceries and a few movie rentals to watch while she helped me go through some things to get rid of stuff. We thought about going to a movie and maybe dinner, but in the end, I made a really yummy fish, chicken, rice, beets, corn, and herbed potatoes dinner which we both really enjoyed. 

We picked up some sushi after going to a store and finding some treasures and then watched a few movies while giving each other foot rubs and working on projects. 

Sunday we attended church and enjoyed the meeting where people shared their favorite hymns and why it is their favorite. We would then sing one verse of each hymn. She came to choir practice with me as we are working on a really tough song to sing in a few weeks. She wanted to get some pictures with some of her favorite people at church who really influenced her during her teen years. 

I got a picture with one of my oldest and dearest friends in town and another of my second oldest friend in town who is responsible for me getting the home I live in now. She is the choir director and our pianist was gone today so she led the choir and play the piano for us. She is one of the sweetest people I know. Look at her beautiful smile! 


We then took a walk to the town cemetery and while walking down the street that ends at the cemetery, the wind caught all the flags and it was just so beautiful seeing all the flowers and flags. Singing all those patriotic hymns, having all the veterans stand at church, and seeing all those flags at the ceremony really touched my heart. I am so grateful for those who have served our country and especially those who lost family members to that service. 

It was a beautiful day and walking the cemetery with one of my girls made for such a lovely experience. I felt truly blessed for all God has given me. 

I hope you are having a blessed Memorial day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment