Thursday, May 30, 2019

Working Hard In The Yard

 I have been working hard in the yard over the past few weeks. I got three of the back fruit trees pruned.

I also weeded the front yard and side yard and started working on the back areas. There is such a mess back there as I have avoided working in the area. With the neighborhood cats using it as a little box, I have avoided doing anything with it in the past year or two.  

I got bark put around the base of the pruned trees and they are looking good. I weeded the center section of the back play area under the hammock but with several of my girls coming home for visits, I haven't gotten to the rest. 

Today was the first day that wasn't raining in the evening for weeks now and I was able to get out and weed part of the trampoline area tonight. I am hoping to be able to finish the rest of that area this week. It will be nice having that area done and looking better. 

I spent hours picking up wood and card board to put down as a base in the area and need to finish putting down some barrier and then putting down the rest of the black bark. 

I still haven't got the back sprinklers working yet, but I am excited to get more things done. I need to prune the big tree and the lilacs along with the other fruit trees. 

I also want to put up a new tire swing for the grandchildren as well. I am excited to have it be a place where they can play safely.  

I am excited to be getting into a useable form. Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment