Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Smart Painting Trick Keeping Your Roller and Brush Ready

I wanted to share this trick I have used for the past 20 years. I have painted every wall of my home mostly by myself. 

I have used this trick when working on projects that would take the same paint and I didn't want to have to clean the brushes and rollers just to use the same paint the next day. 

I get the roller or brush super wet with paint and then I wrap them tightly in a really thin vegetable or fruit bag from the store. Make sure there is no air in the bag or between the bag and the brush or roller. 


I usually twist the bag over the end of the roller and squeeze as I roll the bag around the roller. I then put the brush into a baggie and squeeze the air out of the brush and baggie keeping it wet and moist so that when I need to start painting again, I can just pull the roller or brush out of the bag and get started. 

I make sure the edges of the bag is twisted enough that no air is going to get in and I put a rubber band around the base of the brush to keep any air out. 

I didn't know if others know about this idea but I figured I would share it as I have saved myself lots of time and the cost of lots of rollers by doing this. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment