Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Sleeping for a Day and Finished Cutting the Broadway Quilt

I had such the horrible day yesterday and didn't know if I would be able to sleep at night due to how much time I spent in bed with my migraine. 

I was in bed for most of 2 nights and 2 days. It was so hard to get any rest waking with headaches ever time I would move, I would be in pain. I had it dark in the room and Princess Five gave me a great foot rub which helped me be able to get up and eat but then I went back to bed and slept until nearly 2 p.m. today! 

I couldn't believe it when I woke up! I had the headache still while I slept and woke several times in pain but not enough to go and get more pills. 

I would go back to sleep and I slept enough that for the most part, the headache left. I did have pressure all day and it has gotten worse as the weather got worse toward evening hours but I am just glad to not have all the nausea I had yesterday! 

I started on cutting the quilt square widths and it took all day but I finished late into the night as I wanted to get that done so I could start sewing as I missed an entire day of working on it with the headaches and storms. 

I can see Princess Five getting more and more excited about the quilt as she comes in and sees it take shape more and more. She mentioned that she is excited about it and we talked about the other quilts I have made and how most of them have gotten used. 


I have collected shirts for a few years now to make many different quilts. When I was looking to make the Sesame Street quilt, I couldn't find any used shirts and had to get most new and it was super expensive. I had a similar problem when I was making the "super hero" quilt and bought many of the shirts for $5 each which made the quilts very expensive to make. 

Since then, I have decided to collect shirts from second hand stores for quilts that I think my grandchildren would like, or my kids or their spouses. I have purchased several hundred shirts and have them organized by subject as I can find them. Mostly, I will only buy them if they are $1 or $2 at second hand stores but have paid $3 or $4 if they are super cute or fit into a family quilt I have planned. 

I hope to make a fun quilt for each of my grandchildren as I have a quilt from each of my grandmothers that I LOVED while growing up. I figure it is something they can use and if I make enough of them, they can pick something they enjoy. 

So far, I have enough to do a Mickey / Minnie, Disney, Star Wars, Harley, Lego, Funny shirts, Tie Dye, Princess, Concert shirts, Christmas, Movies, and a life quilt from my mothers shirts and my life shirts. I figure I can make them and let the grandchildren use them when they visit and when they get baptized at age 8, they can pick their favorite quilt.... 


So far, I have done fairly well giving each of the girls "life quilts" as they finish up college and missions and each have a fun quilt or two with the Dr. Seuss, Snoopy, Super hero, Looney Tunes, Pooh, Sesame Street and soon to be "Broadway" quilt. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment