Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Looking For a Relaxing Christmas Gift For Dad

 It has been years since I remember getting a Christmas gift catalog in the mail. I think it was several years back and I got a nut / candy catalog for the holidays. 

I am not a big online or through the mail shopper. I usually like to feel what I am buying and see the quality and I hate getting something through the mail and opening it to find out it is cheap quality. 

With that, I don't know why I would get catalogs in the mail, but I got one from a company I have never heard of before to my knowledge. I figured I would flip through it to see if there was anything in it I would be interested in as I have sometimes gotten gift ideas by flipping through catalogs. 

There were 156 pages of just weird things I can't believe people would purchase. There was literally one page in the entire catalog of anything I found interesting. There was a portable hammock and a folding camp table with a little shelf under it to hold things. I thought that it was fairly neat as if you read this post, you know we go camping a few times a year on a good year. 

Over this past weekend, I showed my step-mom these items asking if she thought she and my dad would use them in their motorhome.... She didn't seem against the idea but thought he may like them. Like I shared, I don't like buying things without seeing them, but figured I could at least look up the items online and see what the reviews would say. 

I looked at many different types of portable hammocks and there were LOTS of reviews and I spent well over an hour reading reviews and making a list of ones I had viewed and the pros and cons of each. 



I read about plastic parts breaking soon after getting the items and people hurting their tailbones, people flipping over in the hammocks and being dumped on the ground, fabric ripping within the first week of use, people being heavy or long once they got the item, it was smaller than what they thought etc. 

I finally found one that showed tall and heavy people in the hammock and the frame is steel and there are different fabrics depending on if you want to leave it out or have a snuggly cotton wrapped around you etc. 

The price was within $30 and I think I am onto a winner as I was going to purchase two hammocks for them but this one holds up to 450 lbs and is built for two! 

I also searched for the folding camping tables and found this really cool one that can be short or tall and has a zippered shelf at the bottom! It wouldn't probably be the best for eating around with the shelf under it but it looks removable. I LOVE that it zips closed keeping mice and bugs out of your stuff and also, it is often windy at our Easter Campout so being able to zip up the paper goods under the tables we leave out would be wonderful as we have to take them in and out due to the wind usually. 

Both items were Amazon best sellers and I love that you can pick the pattern for the hammock as well as the type of fabric... Other family members decided they wanted the folding camp table as well when I suggested the gift ideas. I thought I would share these ideas as I spent lots of time researching and figured I would share what I learned! 

The name of the table is: CampLand Aluminum Height Adjustable Folding Table
The name of the hammock is: Vivere Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand

Have a Blessed and restful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment