Thursday, October 4, 2018

Finally Working on Princess Five's Broadway Quilt

I have been fighting a headache again. We have had thunder storms on and off over the past few days and have that forecast for the next few days. 

Since I can't work in the yard pruning, which I usually do around this time every year, I told Princess Five that I would really like to finish her Broadway t-shirt quilt that we started collecting for a few years back. 

I thought I would have it done by now but there were still musicals that she wanted included and so we would lay it out and think we were going to start it but then we would find another shirt or two and pack it up and think I would get it started soon. 

Princess Two lives in a large city and keeps checking second hand stores for musical shirts. I personally haven't looked at shirts at a second hand store in months thinking we had enough but yesterday I thought I should check a few racks to see if there were any more and was so happy to find "The Music Man" and "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" shirts for a few dollars each. 



A few months back, Princess Two found this "Matilda" shirt and we were excited to find the "Hamilton" shirt when shopping together a few months ago. 

It has been fun collecting all these cute shirts. Two of the other girls said I could continue to find musicals shirts and make them a quilt at some point. I am truly amazed at the amount of shirts we have been able to find representing so many wonderful shows! 

There were a few shirts from musicals we found that I don't like and think are a bit raunchy which we didn't want, so we didn't buy them. I am really happy with all the shirts we were able to get. 

We found enough to make this into a king sized quilt which would be a bed spread for smaller beds and hang to the ground. We spent the night last night laying out all the shirts and finding spots to put the new shirts. Since the last time we put it out to start sewing, we found about five more shirts and it was exciting that some that we found were some she really wanted.

It has been fun figuring out how she wants it laid out and I can tell she is getting excited now that I am starting to cut and sew squares. Hopefully we can get it finished quickly and I can check another thing off my list! 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment