Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Adding Life to Mascara - Avoiding Eye Infections and More


I don't know if you have ever had the problem of getting a type of eye infection and then having the mascara or eyeliner you are using reinfect your eye. 

I remember my mother having years of problems with this when I was growing up. 

When my girls were on the dance team, they would use the same liner and mascara on the girls. 
 
I would complain over and over about the practice and send my girls with their own to use after they got pink eye from it.

I also leave my mascara in the car sometimes when I am running late. It dries out very quickly and then the brush clumps and makes it difficult to use and I go through lots of mascara.
 
My sister shared with me a few years ago that her friend told her to add GSE (grapefruit seed extract) to the mascara. 

GSE is an oil and it is a natural antibiotic. I use it for health issues and you can a post about it here.  It will keep your mascara from getting infected.

They sell it at any health food store and the maroon lid is the regular one and the green lidded smaller bottle is concentrated. The big one is better in general but the little bottle is better for traveling.
 
You can watch the video above and then if you have any questions, leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment