Friday, October 28, 2011

Wedding Blues... Hard to Match

My darling Princess number one has chosen cream/off white and a lovely shade of blue for her wedding colors. However, one doesn't realize how many shades of blue there are until one tries to match said shade of blue to other items that are blue.


Princess picked a Disney blue custom color and Mother of the Bride can't find anything in any fabric store or party/paper goods store to match that lovely custom shade. So, the dilemma....


Mother of the Bride can fine brighter blue shade in almost every paper good store and in every fabric store and even found some cute clothes that just came out in said brighter blue.


Princess/Bride number one is overwhelmed with new job and moving into a new apartment where she doesn't even own a chair yet, so, both mother and daughter are hoping that everyone will be OK with Bright BLUE!


So, now we have the wedding blues figured out! After dropping off Princess number two yesterday, I went to many paper good stores and craft type stores looking for what we needed. I had Princess number 2 meet me early before we went to meet the parents of the Groom for dinner so I could show her what I had figured out.


We had a lovely dinner with the grooms parents and the groom. They are wonderful people and I can see where Prince number one gets his personality. We talked ideas and strategies and I asked if they would like to see what I had so far. They seemed to get the vision and have some closet bi-fold doors in their garage we will be able to use for the wedding as well. So, with that and a few more doors I am waiting for, I think we have most of the items for decorating but just need to do the "fixing them up" part.


Princess has scheduled a day to come down and help me paint so I think we can get that done. I have much to do on the wedding food front but it will all happen. I am blessed. I set up a rough set up of the serving table at the top just to see how the colors look together and how the bowls and platters will fit. I want to do a three tiered look.


We are doing a soup and sandwich bar similar to the restaurant "Zupas" for the meal. I think it will be great. I can't wait to share the sandwiches and soups with you as I make them for the wedding. I am sure you will enjoy them as much as my family. I wish now I had taken pictures of the smiles as they tried one of the sandwiches I made them to try the other day. It was wonderful.


I'm glad we took care of the wedding "blues!"

No comments:

Post a Comment