Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So Long, Fare Well...



This is going to be a hard day for me. Today is the day I drop off Princess number two to leave for her mission to Taiwan. Last weekend, we had a family get together and she gave a talk at our church to say "farewell" to all those who have watched her grow into the beautiful Princess she is.


We had our church services at 9 a.m. so we had our brunch at 10:30. I rented out a building as I wasn't sure how the weather would be as it had been cold. We invited all those who have been so supportive to us in the past.


I had a friend come and help me the night before and we made two large pans of french toast which I put in disposable pans. I made three large batches of scrambled eggs adding some milk to keep them moist. I put a little crushed garlic and crushed red pepper in one batch and some cheese on the other batch. I had some home made Banana Nutmeg Waffles in the freezer that I pulled out. I made instant hash browns which I buy in bulk by the bag which fills about 2 five gallon buckets.


I just soak them in hot water for about 5 minutes and then fry them up. I put those in a disposable pan as I did with the eggs and french toast. I forgot to mention that the french toast we made we added bananas blended in the first batch and I blended in some frozen nectarines off my tree in the second batch. Here is the recipe for the French Toast as they are different because the fruit is in the batter and it cooks into the toast. Yum.


We went over the night before and got the tables ready and then I went over in the morning and put all the "hot" stuff in the oven as I had it stored in the fridge there. I put the oven on 250 degrees and then left for our church services. We got out and went over and everything was hot and ready to serve. It made it so much easier having everything already made and ready to heat in the morning.


We fed about 75 people and then had a lunch spread at the house later that day for anyone that came over from the neighborhood. It was a busy and wonderful day. Princess number two felt very supported and many people donated to help her pay for her mission which I was grateful for as with a wedding coming up, every little bit counts between the mission and the wedding.


I will post about the drop off and goodbyes later. I am going to miss her and know that saying goodbye will be hard but she will have a great experience serving those people in Taiwan.

We will miss you Princess number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment