Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Today was a Masterpiece part 2



I laughed and laughed at my post of yesterday. I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep at the computer. My girls kept coming in and laughing at me sleeping and telling me to go to bed. I couldn't go to bed without posting but how embarassing to have that mess. I have many, many times fallen asleep while writing in my journal and even a few times while writing my post but not to the point of what happened yesterday. I was planning on writing about some other things today but will post about our playing "Masterpiece" yesterday.


We have played the game of "Masterpiece" for years. I love art and enjoy learning all the names of the different paintings and learning about the artists who painted them. We probably play it about once every month or so. We have other games we enjoy and have picked up a few new one's each year. Through it all, "Masterpiece" still remains one of our favorite games.



We each have our stratagies on how to play. My favorite stratagy is that I won't pay more than $6,000,000 for a painting. Sometimes that is hard if you don't have any painting but it usually works.


We were all a bit tired but enjoyed playing tonight because Princess number two is leaving soon, she wanted to play a game. My youngest princess noticed the painting she is holding in the top photo on the board and said, "It's the Shitlips." We all burst into laughter as with being tired, she got the name backwards. The painting is the "Lipchitz" by Amedeo Modigliani, 1916. We try to pride ourselves on remembering the name and the painter on the cards. Over the years, I have purchased note cards with artist I like and added them to the game.


I think it was a Masterpiece day and am glad I was able to write about it. I doubt that Princess number five will ever be able to live down the "Shitlip" comment but it will be a funny memory each time we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment