Monday, October 10, 2011

"Overall" Cutest Apron part 3

I planned on doing a few more Halloween posts but finished this over the weekend and wanted to post about it so I will work on those other posts later. Here is the link to the other aprons. While I was packing for Princess number 2 to get ready to go on her mission to Taiwan, we found these overalls that I had cut off and made into shorts and wore for a few years. I put red, white and blue on them and wore them for the fourth.

She had them and I don't know that she wore them ever but I asked if she wanted me to make them into an apron for her as I doubted she would ever wear them. She thought that would be great as I had a pair of overalls that I wore when I was pregnant for each of the girls that were actually "Train Conductor" overalls that I bought in San Fransico at a yard sale while I was in high school. I loved how they were loose and she liked that these reminded her of those and that I actually wore them.


I cut the straps off at the x in the back and sewed them together to make the strap that goes over the head. I then cut the back off after the side seams with enough allowance to roll the edge over and hem it giving a nice finished look. I took the decorative edge off the back lower edge and sewed it onto the pockets on the front so that it would have a bit more decoration on the front. I sewed a ribbon on to tie it in the back and stitched the pockets on the inside to the white stripe so that the pockets wouldn't flip out to the side. I stitched the legs together at the center seam.


Princess number 2 was thrilled with the outcome and I was glad it was a quick gift. She looks cute in it and was excited to have something she remembered made into something she will use.



I still think this is versatile and can be made out of any jumper or overall that is out dated in your clothes closet for a very small cost using things you may already have. If you are low on funds, it can go along with a few recipe cards with your favorite recipes on them for a shower gift. You could even put a few stirring spoons into the upper pockets or something.


Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment