Friday, October 7, 2011

Fun and Easy Halloween or Other Times Game


This is a game my mother used all the time while we were growing up. She was a wonderful hostess and did many family reunions and friend parties. She had some standard games that she had at the ready. This game was one of those games. She had everything inside a little container. The container changed depending on the holiday. For Easter, it was a little Easter egg, At Christmas, it was a plastic candy cane etc.


When I hosted our annual Halloween Couples party, we would play this game. I put many small items inside this little plastic pumpkin. Everyone gets a paper and pencil and gets three minutes to write down as many things as they can think of that would fit into this small little pumpkin. After the three minutes, you start pulling out the items one by one and let people check off how many of the items they wrote on their paper that were in the pumpkin.


My girls asked tonight if I had a list of all the items. I told them, "No, it takes more time to pull out the items and have them check it off." as during a party, it isn't about how fast you get the games over.

I figure if you look at the picture and get an idea of what you can use that you have in your home, you can make up your own game. I realized I didn't have a safety pin or a straight pin or a needle, or bobby pin in the game. We went around adding things to it tonight to update it making it more interesting. I added a screw driver tip as well. There are many things you can add to make it more interesting. My daughter suggested a barbie shoe would be cute.


So, I hope you enjoy this fun game that can be used for any holiday or birthday. We have just used it for Halloween since I have some other traditional games we use for other holidays.


Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment