Friday, October 22, 2010

Waffles - Banana, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Chip Gluten Free


I tired something new for dinner tonight. I needed to rotate some of our gluten free mixes so I made up waffles using the mix and added 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, a banana, and 1/2 cup cinnamon chocolate chips along with the other ingredients listed.


The smell in the house as they cooked was heavenly. They toasted up really well and the kids loved them. I covered one with "grade A" coconut oil letting it melt in and that was REALLY good.


My youngest enjoyed the taste so much she asked if she could add it to ice cream as the nutmeg, cinnamon and bananas reminded her of desert. She told her sisters when the arrived home they should try it that way. (She did have a baked potato first.)


I really should learn how to make the gluten free recipes from scratch. It isn't something I have found much time to look into at this point.


I am sure we will be making these again. I think any child with allergies would find it hard to even tell these are made without the wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment