Monday, February 8, 2021

Where to Buy Portuguese Food Online in U.S. Chourico, Linguica, Bolo Levedo, Bolos, Sweet English Muffins

I lived on the East Coast for ten years. While living there, we were in a mostly Portuguese community with a local store where all the meat products were made, as well as a local bakery that made Portuguese breads. 


Having lived in the Boston area for many years, and having Portuguese family members, when we moved to the west, we started ordering items from those stores over the phone. I have ordered from "Michaels" store for over 20 years for certain Portuguese products. When I called them this time, I found that they don't freeze the items and wouldn't guarantee them arriving in good condition due to COVID. 

I then looked online at a company that my daughter found that sells the products from that famous store, but specialize in all Portuguese products. They ship on the days that the bread is made so it will be freshest and they freeze the meats so they will make it to you fresher. 

Recently, I made a large order of items as my step-mother loves Portuguese soup. She grew up in Hawaii, so they had many Portuguese living there. With that, she always enjoys when I make the soup for her and her mother. I made some over Thanksgiving and sent it to her home when my girls passed through their home town on their way home after the holiday. 

Our favorite products are Chourico or Linguica in all their forms, and at Easter time, Masa or Masada bread, when they have hard boiled eggs in them. But, their favorite item is Portuguese sweet English muffins called Bolo Levedo or "Bos Levs" as my kids have know them as since they were little. The company has been so helpful in getting things out so they would be fresh when getting to our home. 

I bought a package of the muffins for each of the girls, and enough sausage to fry up with eggs, make soup, and put some on my turkey over Christmas. It was a great addition to our holidays. The link to the company selling the items who were so great to help us is: shopportuguese.com and the meats are from a store called "Michael's" in MA. The online company is in Massachusetts as well. 

We enjoyed  frying up the Chourico for breakfast with hash-browns and eggs, enjoyed a few of the SPICY links on the turkey over Christmas. I will cut it up and fry it sometimes when I am craving it. I usually order the regular flavor, but I personally enjoy the spicy that is a bit hotter. Some in the family like it hot, and others just like the regular. 

I personally like the chicken chourico over the pork as I have a genetic issue not being able to break down fats. I can't do red meats for that reason, and even though I enjoy bacon flavor, I can't tolerate the fat very well so don't often eat it. I think the chicken tastes similar without the fat. 

One of the best parts of this order was that when I opened the box, several of the Portuguese sausage packages had a 111 on them! For more on that you can check out all my 111 videos by searching that in the search box, but here is the first post on the number 111.

I hope you enjoy the food as much as we do. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment