Monday, February 15, 2021

2021 Valentine's Day Part 1 - Feeling Blessed

Having all my girls living many hours away from me, I knew I wouldn't be seeing any of them for Valentine's day. 
I usually did a valentine's treasure hunt on Valentine's Day while the girls were growing up. Here is a link to one of our last treasure hunts. You can see all the treasure hunt videos by typing "Valentine hunt" into the search box at the bottom of the home page. 

I always helped with class parties each year for the girls grade school classes. When the girls got to middle school, I would decorate their lockers for the holiday linked here. By high school, I would take them to lunch sometimes but by that age, they were fairly busy and didn't care as much. They didn't use lockers anymore as that wasn't something useful for the many different buildings they had classes in at that point. 

One thing they didn't ever want to give up on was the treasure hunt. The tradition started when we first moved from the East coast to the West. All of our belongings were in storage and we were renting a semi furnished home of someone that had just passed away. The girls didn't have many of their belongings and I wanted to do something fun for them, so I purchased a bunch of toys and candy and decided to make a treasure hunt for each person to do. 

This was when Princess three was a newborn. When the girls got older and more children were involved, it was just easier to make one hunt and put all the girls treats or prizes together in one group for each stop on the hunt. 

Since I couldn't do that this year, and none of the girls are around, I wanted to send them each a little bag of treats and a little lotion I bought for each of them. Knowing I was having to mail them, I wanted to get the there before the holiday. 

I also had purchased a little lotion for several church friends I haven't been able to see much since Covid hit. I filled them all with treats and then wrote a bunch of cards for each little package. I sent the grandchildren cards with a dollar in it so their mom could take them to the dollar store to get a treat when she has time. I sent them dye free snacks as well. 

Mailing the packages all over cost way more than anything I sent which made me laugh. I decided next year I will just send them each a card with a gift card in it and save myself some money. 

I mailed them on Tuesday worried it may take a few days to arrive and each of them got them in one day which really shocked me as it is usually at least 2 days to get to them. They all enjoyed the gifts but I was sad they opened them and then didn't have anything to open on the holiday. Next time I will have to make sure I tell them not to open it early. 

I delivered my neighbor gifts and the treats I got ready for the neighbors children over the past few days. 

I am glad that our country has a holiday celebrating love! I hope you had a lovely and blessed day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment