Friday, February 12, 2021

Beware Of Fake Emails - Never Click on Links in ANY Email


Several years ago, my sister sold often on eBay. She received a link in an email stating that her eBay account had been hacked. 

She clicked on the link that took her to a page that looked like an actual eBay log in page. She entered her password into the password box, and then her nightmare began. The page was actually NOT eBay, and she ended up spending a few weeks changing all the passwords on her accounts as her eBay was linked to her bank accounts and her PayPal account. She lost control of her eBay account and ended up having to get it back but she was quick enough to call the bank right away which saved her from losing any funds, just lots of time!

From that, I learned never to click on links in emails. I get emails all the time from eBay, PayPal, my cell phone company etc. If they ever say "click on the link" I never click on the link. Usually, PayPal will say, "You can see this on your account page" or things like that. 

I got this email this week and quickly thought it may have been a real email but still would never click on the link, but as I was going to delete it, I laughed when I looked closely at the name. They spelled "PaypaI" instead of PAYPAL! Also, it said my account was Iimited. So funny. 

So many times, when I look closely at those type of emails, I find spelling errors or weirdly worded sentences. I suggest that next time you get an email, give it a check and don't click the links! If you need to check it out, log in on the webpage rather than clicking the link just to be safe. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment