Wednesday, February 24, 2021

There Must Be A Time Limit on Faucet Parts

I shared in a post over the past few months about ordering parts for my faucets. Here is a link to that post. 

After I got the first part, it was still dripping from the tub faucet as I think the cartridge lost a washer. Before I ordered another one, the faucet in my bathroom started leaking and needed a new handle. After I replaced those two cartridges, the faucet in the main bath started dripping, so I took the first one they sent and replaced a washer on it and then used that one in the main bathroom sink faucet.

My kitchen faucet is a Delta, and I finally got the parts from them. After I got all the parts from Moen and Delta, I fix all the faucets. I go to clean up the basement for company this past weekend. I rinse out the tub, and the faucet down in the tub starts leaking!!! 

Within 2 months, every single faucet in my home from either brand has started leaking! It has been many years since I changed them out, but that is so weird how all of them started dripping within those two months. 

I now have to start the process of ordering a new cartridge for that basement tub faucet. I can't believe how they all went at once. 

I pray they all stay working as I really want to be done with plumbing issues. In the past six months, I have had two mini floods, had to fix the drain in the shower, cut the laundry room ceiling to re-glue the drain pipe for the shower, fix a flood in the upstairs bathroom, and replace all these cartridges! 

I hope you have a plumbing free blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment