Tuesday, January 14, 2020

New City, New Comp, New Year, New York - Princess Five Has Moved to NY


"News flash" is one of the favorite sayings of the bishop of our ward here in New City. Which is only 45 min. Northwest of the better known New York City. Sorry for the confusion, but I'm currently in upstate New York, not New York City.

For me there have been many new things this week, new companion, new area, new ward, new friends, new experiences, everything! 

This week I had to translate the talks from English to Spanish, I feel bad for all of our poor Spanish speaking members. I get to sit up on the stand but hiding in the back, and talk into a microphone, and all the Spanish speaking members wear headphones to listen and its actually kind of fun, but also a little stressful.

I really love it here, we found some new friends this week that we are excited to work with! 

We had a really cool experience where I had a feeling that we should visit "Nick," but then I forgot about it. And then, later when we were following our plans neither of us felt right about it, so we prayed and I remembered Nick. So we looked in our area book and there was one Nick in our area, and he is 9 months old, but we went by anyway and no one was home except we met a member named daisy who hasnt been to church in a while, and we were able to explain to her how Satan tempts us the most when we are doing what's right. We showed her the clip of when Joseph Smith struggles before the first vision. And it was nice that we could be there for her. And then we also found our that the baby Nick has been sick, so the spirit was truly guiding us that night.

CuĂ­dense 
Hermana Princess Five

Also I didn't take any pictures this week, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment