Monday, January 13, 2020

A Good Weekend - Great Jewelry Grab Bag - More Yard Work Done


I had a fairly good weekend. I have felt like I may have some other illness coming on as both the stomach bug and cold / flu are both going around. I got the stomach bug last weekend but have been fighting some sore throat stuff and gunk in my throat this weekend. 

I went to my favorite second hand store this weekend and found a grab bag taking home one in five of the bags they had. I picked the bag quickly as I could see it had a nice large and long silver necklace in the bag. It was near closing so I didn't look closely at the bag. 

I spent much of Saturday working on the big branch pile in my back yard I have been working on for over a month and the same pile the girls helped me make smaller over Christmas Eve. It keeps raining and snowing so I can't get it finished. It started snowing while I was working on the pile and I kept working filling seven garbage cans and stacking the last of the wood from that pile and finished raking up the small stuff that would kill the grass from that large pile being there for over a month. 

It feels good to have that one pile finished and gives me hope that I will be able to get to the other pile in just one day more to finish all the pruning mess in the back yard. I do need to get my friend to come and use his chainsaw to cut down the super large branch piece that I can't do with my smaller saws. 

It will be good to have that done and my yard will be in the best shape it has been in many years. I usually have a tree or two I can't get pruned before winter, but it is nice knowing I have worked hard and it is looking good. 

I video taped myself going through the jewelry bag this afternoon and was VERY happy to find not only that long lovely Italian necklace, but a lava stone bracelet with silver, a bracelet with silver fittings, an ornament that I thought was pewter but after closer inspection off video, it was silver, and the happiest and last find in the bag, a 14 Karat white gold ring without a stone. It is quite thick and I am sure worth well more than the $15 I paid for the bag. The only thing I knew for sure of in the bag when I bought it was the necklace, which I polished up and is with a lovely pendent I own and ready to wear! 

I was glad to get some things done and find some treasure as well! Have a Blessed Day~!

No comments:

Post a Comment