Monday, May 23, 2022

Freezing Pizza For Later - Blessed With Good Friends

Last week, I was grocery shopping and I walked down the pizza isle and had the thought that I would love to have pizza. The gluten free pizza in the freezer isle changes out all the time and is really expensive. Just when I find one I like, they stop selling it.

I have a few friends that own Pizza stores. Last week we had Bunko and one of my friends hosted and was really sweet. She texted me ahead of time and asked what type of gluten free pizza I would like for the evening. 

I was able to have them make half of the pizza into cheesy bread-sticks, and the other half into pepperoni pizza. It was SO good to be able to have bread sticks and pizza. They had a salad bar, but I was so happy to have pizza I could eat, I skipped the salad bar which I really enjoy usually, but the pizza was so good!

Another friend owns a pizza shop that sells the pizza's in a "take and bake" format. She showed up at my home with four gluten free pizza's. Of course, it would take me a week of eating pizza daily to finish that many pieces of pizza, so I decided to freeze it. 

I cut it into four pieces. Gluten free pizza's are smaller than normal pizzas. I then put a layer of plastic wrap, put a layer of pizza slices, then another layer of plastic wrap, and another layer of pizza slices until the Tupperware was full. I pulled out the container from the freezer and just put a piece of pizza in the air fryer for five or six minutes and it was wonderfully crispy!  

I am so blessed with amazing friends who think of me! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment