Tuesday, May 10, 2022

My Funny Orchids - Years In The Making

A few years ago in 2019 around Valentines Day, I posted a story about orchids the girls gave me. Here is a link to that post. 

I share in that post about getting a really small orchid in 2017 from Princess Three and how it was the size of my little finger. Then for Valentines Day in 2019, I got a super tall orchid which barely fit in the kitchen window! 

I was really happy to have the larger of the two orchids sending out a flowering shoot recenlty. The smaller of the two was not growing much this past year or so. In fact, the orchid is not much bigger considering it has been in my home for five years. 

I admit I am not the biggest Orchid guru, but I have been able to keep them alive all these years. They have even bloomed a few times. One had a root shoot coming out and I put it in moist moss for a week or two and it started growing roots and sending a shoot out so today I planted it in some moss in a small solo mini cup to see if I can get it to grow into a plant. 

Today, I also planted the five year old small one into a clear cup as it was getting over watered in the container I had it in and it started getting fruit flies from some Walmart fruit. 

I was excited to see that something was sprouting out of the top of the root I sprouted and planted today. I hope they all do well. It will be fun to see the tall one bloom soon! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment