Friday, May 13, 2022

Congregation Campfire / reunion

Since covid happened, our congregation hasn't gotten together for parties. We did have a Christmas party, but we haven't been having them in the rest of the year. 

We did a service night a few months back where we delivered homemade bread and invited neighbors to a campfire / s'mores / game night. I thought it started at 7 p.m. but I guess it started at 6:30 p.m. 

I had dropped off invitations with bread a few months back and with mothers Day flowers this week but I didn't read them. ha ha

It was really fun visiting with people I don't get to visit with at church as they work with the young children and I am in with the women's group. 

There was a girl I worked with when she was in the teen youth group and girls camp. She just moved back to the area and is living with her mother while they build a new home. It was great to be able to catch up with her. 

I got to play Pokemon with some kids who are shy and don't like interacting with others. When I arrived they were all sitting on their mom. I got the older two to help me feed berries and catch pokemon and index them so the mother could roast some marshmallows for smores. They wouldn't play ball or talk to me, but they loved playing the game. 

I took some left over treats to my friend whose husband had surgery and wasn't able to attend. I was sad that they weren't able to go since she is super social. I texted her letting her know I left them in her door. We all need something sweet when we are going through difficult times. 


I enjoyed visiting with friends and being outside hearing the kids play at the park. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment