Thursday, May 26, 2022

In God We Trust and Connecting With Old Friends


I wasn't able to share about some events a few weeks back. I took my friend who was visiting from the East coast on a few adventures. We went to several museums and a three state tour.

In one of the museums, there was a piece of art I appreciated. It was just a bunch of pennies! I thought it was so interesting that they would hang a frame full of pennies, but I took it as a good sign for our trip as we saw this at the beginning of our trip! 

After going to the museum that day, we were able to catch up with some friends that he hadn't seen in 35 years as well! They were friends when he was a young teen. His older sister moved from the east to the west with us 27 years ago and lived with us for a year while she went to school.

She ended up meeting and marrying in the west so her brother was visiting from the East and it was just coincidence that my friend visited me at the same time! 

We planned a lunch and it was really fun to catch up and meet his kids. It is amazing to me that these two men were friends as teens, and live within 50 miles or so of each other and hadn't seen each other for all those years, and then end up meeting for lunch thousands of miles away! So funny to me. 

It was nice to be able to see them all together and hear the fun stories. The friend that lived with me shared a photo with me of the three of them in a nativity when they were kids. It was funny to look back at that. 

I feel blessed to have all the reminders to Trust in God, and I am Blessed with good friends. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment