Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Pokemon is Fun But Addictive

I started playing Pokemon a month ago today. I started just before my friend from back east came for a visit. 

I didn't play it much while he was here for the first few days and I spun a few Pokemon stops while visiting downtown in a big city. My friend laughed at me and made fun of me for playing it. 

We had a big 100 birthday party which I posted about last week. While there, my friend downloaded the Pokemon app as he didn't know anyone and played it for the few hours of the party. As we left, he apologized for making fun of me for playing as he was having fun playing it. 

One night we drove around in circles at the cemetery playing and laughed up a storm as we thought about how my kids would think that is so funny. 

We played at the national parks and as we could at state parks, and when we stopped to eat. In a month I got to level 25, and he is right behind me on level 24. 

I feel like it is such a waste of time but at the same time, I have been able to connect with some of my girls who play and with both of my son-in-laws who play. My friend and I send each other gifts through the app each day and I see a bunch of cars driving around town over and over as I go to places were there are Pokemon stops. The other day, I held up my cell phone and made a new friend as she held up her phone and I went over to her car and we became friends at a cemetery! 

I never would have guessed that I would be able to meet friend over a cell app. It is interesting to me how in-depth this app is. I am sure they are gathering all sorts of data about peoples movements, home life, shopping, and also getting people to purchase toys in the app. 

It tends to get you hooked up front but then things seem to calm down. I love that Princess three has been playing it for so many years and she is at level 38 and her husband who started when they got engaged is at level 37 as he plays walking to and from classes so gets more time playing. 

It will be a fun thing to bond with since most of the family plays the game now. It will also be interesting to see if I will ever have anything that is helpful to trade with them since they are so much further in the game than I am. 

Princess four said I got her back into playing by asking questions etc. Since Princess Five is so busy in life, she doesn't play but so we wouldn't bother her with any Pokemon stuff, Princess Four having lived in Japan as a missionary, she make us a family group in Japanese for our Pokemon stuff. It has been fun finding things to visit about in our group. 

I warn any of you reading this, don't start playing until you have some free time! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment