Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Sprinklers, Swamp Coolers and Heaters - Oh My

This past week we had three cold days so much so that plants in the yard were freezing and my furnace was running. 

It got so hot the next three days that I had fans blowing air in the house and it was still hot. I worried about my grass dying with the heat. I spent the day Saturday getting my sprinklers running. It was really hot as I had to dig up two broken sprinklers and adjust them, but that is better than others years. 

I knew I would need to get the swamp cooler in as it has been so hot and the fan was just blowing in hot air. When I went to buy the cedar mats for the cooler, the worker at the hardware store in town told me that what they got in was all they were going to get and I should make what sizes they had work because he is having a hard time getting anything in brass, and any wood made products or anything that takes processing to make.

With that information, I bought the closest sizes to what I needed and got home and put them in. It was SO hot in the house and I was in such a hurry to put it in that I forgot to run it outside with the window closed to blow out any dirt from the winter. 

I put it in and turned it on only to get a face full of mineral dust and leaves. I had to dust and vacuum the house after putting it in. I finally got it in and filled and it was so nice to have it cool down in just a few minutes! My yellow grass is now starting to perk up as well. 

I am so blessed to have sprinklers, a swamp cooler, and a furnace! God has blessed me greatly. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment