Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Great Thrift Find 14 K Wedding Band $30

I went to one of the local thrift stores, and have been checking recently every day at that thrift store as they have the new jewelry people and they are putting out so much jewelry. 

I met a woman there the other day who I have seen buying bags regularly while there. I was looking at bags, and she said she got a men's wedding ring in the bag that the local pawn shop paid her $150 for. The bag was $25. That is a good find. 

I then noticed after she said that, there was a ring in a bag to the side by itself. I usually don't pay much notice to the side bags as they haven't put gold in those usually. I decided to pull it out of the locked case and look at it with the help of a worker and he allowed me to pull it out of the bag so I could look at it with my jewelers loop. 

I was thrilled to see it was 14 karat gold and is a men's ring so is a bit larger. It was $30 and I had the thought that for $5 more than a jewelry bag, I get a nice 14 K gold ring, and not have to sort through a jewelry bag. 

I bought the ring and came home and weighed it. I was .29 ounce. 

When you look up the gold calculator for 14 karat and that ounce weight, the ring is over $300 of gold! I LOVE that the new people at the thrift store are putting out the gold and silver! It is like a treasure hunt every day dropping there as I run my errands. 

I feel blessed. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment