Friday, April 15, 2022

Let The Yardwork Begin

I have been trying for days to get out and start working on the yard. I think I may have shared how I went out and started working on pruning the last few front trees that I didn't get finished. 

I was having such a hard time getting either of my hedge trimmers working that I used to quickly flatten the top of my trees, that I ended up using clippers and was so tired after 1/5 of the tree that I gave up. 

I wanted to edge the yard as I didn't do it last year and when the neighbor kid uses the weed whacker, he is still new to it so I wanted to get a good edge on the front yard before he starts so that maybe it will be easier for him to keep up on it. 

It has been cold and I have been busy that past few days so with a bit of snow and cold winds, I wasn't able to get back to the pruning but did buy another hedge trimmer so I can get back to it as soon as the cold weather is over and won't freeze the newly cut tips. 

Even though it was super chilly out today, I decided to go out and work on something, so I pulled out the edger and edged the front yard. I want to get the back done as well, and then mow and poison the yard, but I hope I can get the trees done in the next few days as well. 

It felt really good to be out in the yard doing something and with the cool weather, it didn't make me overheat. Sweeping the cuttings up was the worst part as I finally finished after dark. It was really nice to have it done as even though the grass needs a mow, the edging makes it look better. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment