Tuesday, March 15, 2022

New Testing Shows More Lung Damage

I am very excited that my new Dr. is listening to what I am saying about my symptoms and is willing to order tests that will help me figure out what is going on in my world. 

I had to get a covid test a few days ago so that I could go to the hospital and get a new Pulmonary Function test (PFT) as it has been five years since my last PFT. Here is a link to my blogging about that test. It was in March 2017. The first test was in January, 2015.

For some reason the Dr.'s I visited recently could only see one of my tests. So, when I first entered today, I asked if they could find my other tests so I could share all three with the Dr.s to show the progression of my lung damage. 

I took the test and just as I knew, I have more damage. The frustrating thing is that I am still in the "good" category with the damage. However, I nearly had to take off the testing nose plug while taking the test not feeling like I was getting enough oxygen. It is how I get when reclining for the past seven years. I have to be sitting up straight or laying flat to be able to breath. 

I have been able to tell that my lungs are more damaged as I have a hard time breathing when exerting myself. Also, I haven't been taking anything for the parasites recently because I am starting new medication for my thyroid and don't want to be taking anything else while trying out new meds. I have noticed the parasite getting worse while I haven't been able to try new things and it is frustrating to have one thing getting worse in order to try and fix something else, but if I can get my thyroid working, it would be nice so I can at least feel better in order to try and work on a cure for the parasites. 

The man that did my test had to ask another to help him try and find the test results from the other tests and after a bit of searching, they found all my old medical records in a secondary file that the Dr. would have to search as any medical records from 2013 to 2015 were on a different medical program so they stuck them in a different area in the online programs. 

It was nice of them to just print them out and I will be able to show my Dr. and hopefully I will be able to see a pulmonologist and figure out what is causing the damage in case it isn't the parasites. 

I am so happy to be getting some testing and answers and have been able to try the migraine meds the Dr. gave me to try. I am not sure they are working for me as they are only lasting 4 to 6 hours and you can only take 1 in 24 hours, but at least he has given me something to try!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment