Friday, March 11, 2022

My Little Seamstress - Grand Princess One


Princess three got rid of some clothes awhile back, and she let her sisters look through the clothes and take anything they may want. 

There was a cute dress that she wore lots many years ago. It was blue and gathered at the top. Somehow, grand-princess one got a hold of it and liked it so much she wanted to alter it. 

Her mother showed her how to take it in and Grand Princess started sewing it and taking it in by hand. She took it in and liked it so much, she decided she wanted to wear it for her baptism. She got a cute white sweater and wore that over it.

Princess Three saw her wearing it and sent a few photos of her wearing it to the family chat. It was fun to see them both wearing the same thing so many years apart. 

Both of my grandmothers were wonderful seamstresses and my mother also sewed and I sew. I have sewed since I was 16 and things went from there. I didn't teach my girls to sew other than working on quilts, but Princess One started sewing at 21 and has gotten really good. It is fun she is teaching her daughter. 

I gave Grand-Princess One a purse sewing kit on the night we arrived, and she had it sewn the next morning. It was crazy how she figured it out by herself and got it finished before I was even out of bed. I also gave her a cross stitch kit which she was working on while we were there! She really enjoys crafts and takes after the people who have come before her. I still enjoy crafts! 

I look forward to seeing what she will create in the future as her talent grows!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment