Monday, March 14, 2022

Cool Antique Miner Lantern for $3

I wasn't going to go out the other day, but I thought about running some errands and ended up going out. 


While I was out I stopped just before closing at one of the second hand stores in town. They had cleared all the outside shelves and there were only a few things on them. One was a fun looking brass lantern that I have never seen before. 

It had a label from a company in Whales U.K. I thought I would see how much it was to buy as it didn't have a price on it. They had a smaller type in the collectors case for $10 but it was a new camping type with a similar make style. 


when I turned it upside down, I found it had gas leaking out of it. I asked about the price and since it was leaking, the worker priced it at $3~ I was thrilled with that as it is vintage / antique and solid brass at the bottom so it wouldn't tip over. 

I brought it home and washed off the gas and drained it. The wick was still full of gas so I lit the wick and let it burn off. It was fun having it lit and working being so old. It said Miners lamp and my grandfather was on the mining board and had stocks in several mines, so it is fun to have a few mining things near his photo collage and mining card. 

I love thrift stores as you never know what you are going to get or find when shopping them! 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment