Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Visiting The Raspberry Lady - Angel on Earth

I was so touched by the woman I posted about yesterday that brought me raspberries during my yard sale. I wanted to thank her, so I texted her daughter and asked for an address. 

I took over some of my dried apples to her home. She and her husband were so sweet. They invited me in and asked if I wanted any more raspberries. She gave me another quart bag full of raspberries and I, of course, was thrilled. 

Her husband brought out a loaf of fresh baked bread and offered it to me and I shared that I was gluten free. She said she would have given me some raspberry jam to go with it but if I don't eat bread, jam isn't much use. We laughed about that. 

I saw a few interesting things in her home that I wanted to share. I have never see either of these in any home before, so I thought I would share them with you as I thought they were very smart and creative ideas. 

She showed me her stairs. I hadn't noticed that there were mirrors on the backs of the stairs! I thought that the backs of the stairs were open and I was looking into another room, but the mirrors reflected the light coming from the window opposite the stairs and made the room lighter and larger as it looked like there was room behind the stairs. 

The other cool thing was built in shelves, but they were glass covered fronts. I just thought it was fun. They were at the top of the stairs where most people have a blank wall, so I thought that was a creative use of space. 

I asked the woman specifically why she brought the raspberries to me, and she said she came to my yard sale the day prior and overheard me say that my girls were all over and I lived alone and she figured doing my yard sale alone, I may need a break or a cool treat as it was so hot. 

I was just so touched that she would think that way. Most people don't think about how others are doing unless it affects them. It was so refreshing to talk to someone who lives their life for others. It was really enjoyable to visit with her. 

I told her she was being led by angels and shared about my dear friend passing and how she filled in where my friend couldn't be. I just can't help feel that my friend in heaven guided this sweet woman to help me. 

I am feeling blessed. I hope you are feeling blessed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment