Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Contacting Rubbermaid For New Spigots - We'll See How It Goes

I have four 55 gallon drums for water storage. I have two of the four filled with water. They take up a large area in the garage and if I ever need to get water out of them, or clean them and put fresh water in, I have to use a siphon pump.  

I decided recently that I want to get rid of the 55 gallon drums and start to keep my water storage in water coolers as they are movable and easy to exchange the water in them. I already had four or five 5-gallon coolers of different brands, but over the years, some have started leaking. 

I took three to our family reunion, and two of the three were dripping from the spigot. I have tried to clean them and replace the washers I can get to, but I can't get to the washer inside the plastic push button. 

I saw online that Rubbermaid gave another YouTube channel a free replacement spigot, so I thought I would contact them and try to get new spigots for the coolers I have. I have four non-Rubbermaid coolers from igloo and Coleman.

I have 2 ten gallon, five 5-gallon, 2 three gallon, and one 2 gallon water coolers. That should be enough water storage for me living alone. I just need to make sure they aren't leaking or they won't be any good for water storage. 

I went to the website linked but after filling out the "contact us" section, I kept clicking "Submit" and had to click on different photos to prove I am not a robot, but I never got to a page that said it had been submitted. I hope that the form submission went through as I need lots of new spigots. 

If not, I figure I can put rubber in between the bolts so no water can get out of the spigot at all, but at least I can use them for storage. 

I'll do an update if I get the spigots. 

Here is the information on the Website about contacting them and getting help. The phone numbers are also listed below.

 Here is a link to the warranty information for Rubbermaid

"For replacement parts, please contact Rubbermaid Consumer Service by calling 1-888-895-2110 Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET or by email using our contact form.

Please be sure to have the model number from the packaging or instruction booklet, or the molded in part number located on the bottom of the container, lid, or beverage bottle. Note: Outdoor Storage items will have part numbers molded into the interior wall of each panel of the unit.

Replacement parts are subject to availability and cannot be returned for refund or exchange.

Local Stores / Retailers do not currently carry inventory on replacement parts for Rubbermaid products"

Hopefully this can be resolved quickly and I can get my water storage done. Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment