Thursday, September 9, 2021

baby blessing / dinner with dad

My Niece recently had a baby. Her son is adorable! Since she is currently living with her mom while her husband finished up some training, I have been able to see and hold him. 

It is so sweet to be able to hold a newborn baby. It is probably one of my favorite things in life! They are so sweet and innocent being new from heaven, I believe they still have heaven "dust" on them. 

In our faith, we believe in giving a baby a blessing and giving them a name officially during that blessing. It is the equivalent to other churches baptizing their babies, but we believe in baptism by immersion at the age of 8 in our faith. I am just using that as an analogy for how it is a big event in the babies life, family is invited, and there is usually a party / meal after the blessing. 

My dad and step-mom (I call her that only for clarification as I love her like a mother) drove down for the event arriving the night before, and they offered to take me to dinner upon arrival in town. 

I don't go out to eat much living alone, so I was really happy to be able to go to dinner with them. I am so blessed to have them always thinking of me. 

It was a nice break from all the other family stuff I had going on. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment