Wednesday, October 21, 2020

How to Cut Watermelon FAST and UNIFORM in the Size Cubes or Chunks You Choose in 1 Minute

I have always cut my watermelon and other melons very fast being a single mom of five. Here is a link to the post I made on that a few years back. 

However, awhile back, I figured out a way to make the slices uniform and by widening or shortening the cuts, I found that I could cut the watermelon into any size squares, cubes, or chunks that are uniform and look good within just minutes. 

I cut the watermelon into four sections, then slice on both edges on an angle. Depending on how many angled slices you make on each side of the wedge, and then how close you make the slices from the top point of the wedge to the bottom of wedge, determines how many pieces and how large the pieces will be. 

In less than 20 cuts per section, (The amount of cuts depends on how larger or small you want the cubes or chunks to be) you can have it in the bowl. Once you have the side angled slices cut, then the top to the bottom, I slice between the rind and fruit.

Be careful to not cut yourself while cutting at an angle as sometimes the knife goes through the bottom on the opposite side so don't hold the melon while cutting on an angle. I hold it on the ends. 

To pour the cut melon into a bowl, I squeeze both ends of the melon and push the cut melon into a bowl. I find that the pushing on the edges gives you a bit more control how the melon goes into the bowl rather than falling outside the bowl.

The video shows me cutting the watermelon and even talking and explaining, I cut half the watermelon during the video so you will see how quickly you can cut the watermelon when not talking and explaining. ;-) 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment