Monday, October 5, 2020

Avoided a Problem with My Tires - Gratitude Moment

I was driving my car last week when the tire indication light came on. I visited my neighbor's shop asking about new tires as he owns the shop. He gave me a quote on the front tires but he had an accident and his shoulder is out so he asked me to come back the next day. 


I went to a few other tire shops in town and at the Walmart shop, there were three people ahead of me in line and one behind me and you have to make an appointment and the prices were about the same so I thought it was better to go elsewhere. 

I went to another tire store and she said she thought the back tires needed replacing as well as the front. The back tires are original to when I got the car, but the treads looked ok at first glance. I called my neighbor and he said he had four of the tires he quoted me and said he would take a look at the back when I arrived. 


I arrived and they put the car on the lift and took a look at the back tires. One of them was split but it was on the inside so from the outside you couldn't see it! 

The other weird thing is that when I got the car, the dealer put new tires on it and it had larger tires than the car called for on it. Then, when I got new front tires, they put a little smaller tires on than the back, but they were the tires the car called for. 


My neighbor had the smaller tires and I was able to get four new tires that belong on the car and he gave me a deal for some used tires that are still in good condition. I was able to get four tires mounted for the price of two new tires. 

I was so grateful that I was able to get

some newer tires and was VERY grateful that I wasn't driving with those worn tires which could have caused an accident as they were all in bad condition. I felt blessed that my neighbor had four matching tires that I could afford. God is good. 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment