Thursday, October 29, 2020

Dishwasher Pods Caused My Dishwasher to Not Fill - Sticky Residue

I had an issue with my water not working when I turned on my dishwasher. It sounded funny and I checked to see what was making the noise, and that was when I noticed that the water wasn't flowing. 


I checked the float first, and noticed that it was stuck up. I tried to move it and it seemed stuck. I pulled it out and then put it back in and pushed it down and the washer inside got stuck on the top of the float support. 

I pulled off the washer and realized that there was lots of a sticky substance around the support and inside the float. I made sure that the switch inside the support was still moving and it was clicking fine. I put the float back on a few different times, and it still wasn't allowing water into the dishwasher. 

There was a bit of a build up around the basket at the bottom of the washer as well. I filled the bottom of the dishwasher with HOT water. I let it soak for about 1/2 hour. I then used a toothbrush to scrub the entire bottom of the dishwasher and the basket as well as all around the support of the float and inside the TOP of the float. 

I did NOT put water down inside the support for the float. There are electrical parts down inside that area, so be careful to NOT get water down inside that area. 

I then tried starting the washer again and there was NO hot water. The next day, NOTHING was touched from the night before, but when started, the dishwasher then started and the water was then able to work. I had just started using dishwasher pods within the two weeks before this issue started. I had similar issues with my washing machine. I believe that the "film" on the outside of the "pods" isn't breaking down completely and is causing a sticky residue almost like a glue, that causes the float to stick. 

Interestingly enough, the dishwasher soap dispenser in my Whirlpool, is exactly over the float in my machine, the plastic residue is what I believe is the problem. I made a video about my experience with my washing machine after starting to use the clothes washer pods and had a negative experience using them in the washing machine as well. 

I will make a post about my washing machine in the next few days and will share that story there. I had a repair man come for both machines and both are due to the pods. I won't be using them anymore! 

I am going to run a dishwasher cleaner through the machine. I made a post about that here

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment