Monday, June 29, 2020

So GLAD the Brick Fence is Finally Fixed

I had a huge situation with getting the brick fence fixed. I had a man check out the fence shortly after I hit it. Here is a post about me fixing the broken fence temporarily just after hitting the fence. The man that came to look at the fence said he could fix it for $600 and said I could help him chip off the old mortar he would do it for $400. 

He told me he needed it to be warmer before he fixed it. Then, he said he would call me when it was warm enough. I waited for month and called him and he told me to call him the next week and we could get it fixed. 

I called him and called him for months and left messages, texts and he never replied. I then posted on local website looking for someone new to do it but by then, it was peak rock wall building season. '

I called seven people to get a bid and none of them had time to even go and get me a bid. I talked to my local church leader and he said he may know of someone. He looked into the man who said he would fix it and was told he was retired. I found a man who said if I couldn't get someone to do it, he would do it for $1500 but he told me the original man hadn't retired but was working with him, but he just didn't want to do it for the quoted price as he thought it may be more work than he thought. I wish the original man would have at least had the decency to tell me that he felt he may have underbid the project. 

My church leader contacted a few people and was able to find someone who would do it for $1000. I was SO grateful that the family that lives in the home was willing to be so patient. I called asking what their favorite treat is and they said they like doughnuts. I bought them a dozen doughnuts and took them over letting them know that the fence man would be there on Saturday. 

I expected to go over and see the guy working, but he was finishing in three hours. I couldn't believe that after all that time and frustration, the guy replaced seven blocks with new blocks and spent three hours working and made over $300 dollars an hour. 

I am grateful for the fence being fixed and for my church leader finding someone to do it. I know the family is grateful the fence is now fixed, and I am glad it is off my list. I am sad that people can't be forthright and honest and tell the truth as if he would have told me he was worried that the job may take more time than he thought, we could have figured something out rather than him avoiding me and me struggling with finding someone else to do the wall. 

In the end, I am just glad it is done! Feeling grateful and blessed that I wasn't hurt and that I was able to fix the car on my own.

Have a safe and blessed day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment