Thursday, June 25, 2020

Getting Eye Glasses Frames For Cheap - Cleaning Out the Stash Of Frames

When my children were young, I had two that wore glasses. They would get glasses each year. Our insurance had a dollar amount to be used for the exam and the glasses, lenses, and / or contacts. 

By the time we had the exams, the glasses frames, lenses etc, we would end up having to pay out of pocket. It got very expensive to purchase new glasses as they grew. Several times, their glasses got damaged and we had to purchase new ones with no insurance as we had used all the funds for the year. 

I started searching second hand stores looking for cute frames that would fit my daughters. When I would find one, I would purchase it for a dollar or two and then we could use the money for the eye exam and purchase new lenses for the frames that I purchased used. 

I was able to find frames that the girls liked and were similar to the ones they picked from the eye Dr. but for fractions of the cost. 

Now that my kids are grown, I am going to donate these frames / glasses to charity. It feels good to get things out of my house.

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment