Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Positivity Path - In Memory of

Last week, my sister told me about the "positivity path" that a girl was doing in memory of a friend of hers who died by suicide recently. 

In her memory, this friend wanted to have people paint rocks with positive sayings and put them along the cities bike and walking path. 

She posted on social media sites for the city and asked different families and groups to create positive sayings on rocks and cover them with painted sayings, and then put a clear protective coat on them so that they will be able to withstand the weather. 

My sister has some very talented artists as she and her husband are both artists. They each painted some rocks and put them on the path. 

I guess they are on the other end of town on the path so I don't have pictures of them here as we only walked one end of the path. 

I loved the rocks that were on the path. There were some that little children did and were simple. Some were dark and the writing of the words wasn't in big enough and with lighter paint to be able to read them well, but I LOVED the larger rocks with positive words on them.

Many had rainbows on them which reminded me of my mother as well, so it was positive all around. 

I thought this was a great idea and it brightened our walk as we looked forward to seeing the next rock on the path. Maybe more towns should do this! 

Have a blessed, safe, and Positive day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment