Thursday, April 16, 2020

Best Way To Clean Out Outside Dryer Vent While Dryer is Running

I know lots of people are trying to get things done while they are at home and this is something that needs to be done several times a year. 

It isn't a hard thing to do to clean out the outside dryer vent but I have learned something that I didn't do when I used to clean the vent out. 

Now, I turn the dryer on while I clean the vent going from the dryer to the outside. I found that if the dryer is running, it is easier to clean out the outside dryer vent. 

When the dryer is running while you clean out the vent, the air pushes out the lint and it doesn't take much of the brush to clean out any large or small pieces stuck in the line as it blows out as soon as anything goes past it. 

Here is a link on how to clean out the dryer vent from the inside. 

Here is a link on how to clean out the vent INSIDE the front of the dryer.

I share in the video how to remove the covers on the outside vent. I also share that you can buy a new vent at the hardware store and just use the little flaps off the new vent cover to replace any old or broken vent covers. 

You can remove those covers and use lots of different things to clean out the vent or vacuum out the vent. You can purchase vent brushes online or at the hardware stores. It does make it easier to clean as the brush fits exactly in the vent so it is a good idea if you own a home as cleaning out the vent a few times a year makes your clothes dry much quicker. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment