Monday, March 25, 2019

Cute and Easy Personal Water Bottle Labels / Covers

I went to help a friend with her daughters homecoming from her mission. Her daughter served for 18 months and I was excited to give her a hug and get a picture with her to send to Princess Five. 
Princess Five and this girl have been best friends for many years. Here are the two of them in a post from many years ago. 

I arrived early and the mom had everything in place with little sticky notes inside each dish telling me what to put in the dish and they had everything cut up in bags in the fridge so we were able to get the entire thing moving really quickly. 

I loved that I was able to help keep the tables clean, the food stocked, the drinks full and putting out deserts as there was room. 

At the end, I was able to make plates of treats and put them into gallon baggies and then each person got to take a plate of treats home as they left. For many years I have done that as a way to thank those who brought food and helped at the event. It saves me having to write a thank you note as I just write "thank you" on the top of the bag or foil and it also cleans out all the treats which I can't eat anyway. 

While putting things out, I was so amazed at the labels that my friend made for the water bottles. She made personalized labels for the waters bottles. It wasn't until a little bit later I noticed it was on the condiment jars and the serving bowls as well as a cute display of some pictures from her mission. 

I thought she must have gone through a ton of ink printing out the black background and she told me that it was the price of a copy! She measured the water bottle labels to see how many she could get onto a sheet of paper. She figured she could get five or six on one sheet of paper. She then looked for a font she liked and typed the words she wanted onto a sheet of paper making five or six lines of words per page so she could get that many labels per page. 

She then took the print out to the coy or office supply store and had them print it in reverse image. She made up small labels for the water bottles, medium sized labels for the condiments and larger labels for the bowls of tortillas and chips etc. 

I made a video explaining all this and took pictures so you could see how they looked and she also printed out little frames in the colors she chose sharing that they could pick a type of shell or tortilla, then one for the four different meats and rice toppings and then another for the toppings like olives, tomatoes and cheese. 

I should have known she would make it amazing as she is always outdoing herself that way. I am glad there are people out there who go the extra mile to make things fun for their kids. I feel like I was way more into that with my older children and just got tired with my last few but everything is relative. 

Towards the end after everything was cleaned up and I was headed out I remembered that I wanted to get a picture with her friend to send to Princess Five tonight in my email to her. Her mom took the picture and I took pictures for her of the entire event as I had a second so I got some good candid pictures and a few fun panoramic pictures of the room during the party. 

I thought I would share her cute idea. It was so good to see Princess Five's best friend and give her a big hug. 

Have a blessed and love filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment