Friday, March 29, 2019

Cheap Way To Fix Scratched DVD's and CD's - Try The Public Library

As I have shared in the past few weeks, I have been working on putting all our family cd's on the computer and digitizing all our favorites. 

While working on this project, I have a few of our favorite CD's that got scratched over time and some of the files wouldn't transfer. I have a CD disc cleaner paste that works on many of the small scratches. However, there were four of the cd's that were more scratched than my cleaner could fix.

I have a friend that owns a Video Rental store who would do it for a few dollars but she is closing it down. One of her workers told me this week that the library got a new cd fixing machine and they will do each disk for 50 cents a disc. 

She said that the new machine is the best around and much better than the old machine they have at the video store. I thought it was weird that she would tell me that just when I had four cd's on my kitchen counter needing to be fixed. I didn't ask her about it or anything so I am not sure why she brought it up but I was grateful for her sharing that with me. 

I made a short video about it and took some pictures about how I use the bottle of CD cleaner I have. Check out your local library and see if they offer the same deal. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment